For questions not addressed by a support solution here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do include a description of the problem as well as your operating system and version.
What can we help you with?
… For performance optimisation only the first 30 records from a search will be displayed. If you require the display of further records then you should search …
… This is probably due to limitations in the CSD search engine. The most common types of slow searches are: Substructure searches for groups that contain …
… If you have run a Crystal Packing Feature search using Mercury, you can edit and re-run that search either by clicking on Options > Edit within the Searches …
… It is very hard to devise a compound-name search that will allow for all the possible ways in which a compound may be named. Try using name roots (e.g. thiazol …
… Exact searches are almost always very quick, but generalised searches may be much slower. The selection mode (available within the Mogul search settings dialog …
… In tautomeric situations, the crystal structure will contain a specific tautomer and the safe procedure is to formulate the principal tautomers and search …
… You could simply stop the search before it's finished. However, a less arbitrary method is to make the search query chemically more specific (e.g. by using …
I find searching for polymeric structures difficult and I get results I don't fully understand. Can you explain how polymeric structures are defined so I can tailor my searches to be more effective?
… Polymers and extended structures are defined within the CSD with the use of the polymeric bond type. We have prepared a document that details how to search …
… The ‘exact’ and ‘substructure’ settings for the Structure Search application are intended to allow easy searching for either complete molecules or fragments …
… Firstly, if a particular unit cell is entered for a unit cell search in either of ConQuest or WebCSD the search algorithms will not miss any matches which …
Top Support Solutions
- Which platforms are supported?
- What is the difference between the GoldScore, ChemScore, ASP and ChemPLP scoring functions provided with GOLD?
- What are the differences between the Tanimoto and Dice similarity coefficients?
- How does the GOLD licensing system work?
- What is GOLD's "FlexNet Licence Manager" and how does it work?
Newest Support Solutions
- Mogul/MOE Interface Setup Instructions
- How do I select multiple elements for a query atom in a WebCSD substructure search?
- How do I view anisotropic displacement parameters (ADPs) for CSD entries?
- After installing the CSD System software on Ubuntu some desktop shortcuts are blank and when clicked on say they are untrusted