The scientists and software developers at the CCDC create and supply the database system storing the world’s entire collection of the 3D structures of chemicals. This system is used by thousands of organisations in over 70 countries. We’re a professional organisation, established as a not-for-profit company and registered charity. Although independent, we are a University of Cambridge Partner Institute. We offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary in a lively and friendly organisation of around 70 staff worldwide.
Data protection and your privacy
We are looking for a proactive and organised marketing professional to manage our expanding marketing team. The marketing manager will be responsible for working with the Director of Business Development to propose and coordinate strategies, monitor and manage the marketing activities to support the growth of the organisation, its users and services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Director of Business Development, Product Manager and CEO to agree and establish a marketing strategy.
- Managing the organisation’s Marketing department, fostering a team-based culture and ensuring positive interactions with other teams, the CCDC users and external collaborators.
- Driving brand awareness, generating and managing new leads for the company’s products and services.
- Managing the promotional and marketing activities, including leading campaigns, drafting and distributing press releases and developing promotional materials such as adverts, flyers and gifts.
- Conducting market research to analyse the market in which CCDC operates, identify new markets and opportunities for new and enhanced products.
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified in marketing and have previous experience working in marketing, ideally in a scientific, academic, software or not-for-profit sector. They will have experience in developing marketing strategies, managing a budget and communicating and promoting messages through different media channels. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is able to work independently and with initiative.
For further details on the vacancy, please see the Job Description/Person Specification. If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Petra Hales via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Python Software Developer
We offer an opportunity for an experienced Python developer to join our established development teams, based in Cambridge, UK. Our friendly teams of Agile developers share responsibility for developing cross-platform scientific components, application programming interfaces, and graphical user interfaces on the browser and desktop.
You might be a graduate in Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, or a similar numerate subject. You will have extensive experience of Python programming in a commercial environment, and you want to create solutions that have a real, tangible benefit at the cutting edge of the chemical sciences.
The CCDC is a collaborative and supportive environment through which its scientists and software developers create and supply the database system storing the world’s collection of 3D structures of chemicals. This system is used by thousands of organisations in over 70 countries. We are a professional organisation, established as a not-for-profit company and registered charity. Although independent, we are a University of Cambridge Partner Institute. We offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary in a highly respected and growing organisation.
We are actively seeking candidates with the following profile.
- Experience delivering and maintaining commercial-quality software built with Python
- Expertise in wrapping native code with Python
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, cross-platform development for Windows, Linux and macOS operating systems
- A collaborative approach to work
- Demonstrable experience of programming in a modern object-oriented language, ideally C++, will be a distinct advantage
- An understanding of Chemistry and Crystallography is not essential but will also be an advantage
Based in central Cambridge, you will be an integral part of the team from your first day and your personal contributions will be recognised. You will help create software that you can be proud of, supporting the output of cutting-edge science from universities and research centres around the world. For further details, please see the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply for the position, please send your CV and covering letter to Petra Hales via email@example.com.
The CCDC has, for many years, served the world’s communities of academic and industrial structural scientists by producing and supplying the authoritative, comprehensive crystallographic data resource – the Cambridge Structural Database (the CSD) – and associated molecular modelling applications, such as GOLD. The CCDC has established operations in the U.S. in order to provide a more local service to our users in the Americas.
Registered Charity No 800579
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
CCDC PhD Studentships
Thank you for your interest in the CCDC. We don't have any open PhD studentships at this time, however, please check this webpage regularly as it will be updated as opportunities arise.