The scientists and software developers at the CCDC create and supply the database system storing the world’s entire collection of the 3D structures of chemicals. This system is used by thousands of organisations in over 70 countries. We’re a professional organisation, established as a not-for-profit company and registered charity. Although independent, we are a University of Cambridge Partner Institute. We offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary in a lively and friendly organisation of around 70 staff worldwide.
Data protection and your privacy
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Marketing Executive to join our expanding marketing team here in Cambridge. The Marketing Executive will be responsible for a wide range of marketing activities, supporting the Marketing Manager in implementing the marketing plan and running end to end campaigns using the Company’s marketing automation platform.
The job holder will be proactive and able to work autonomously. They should be able to analyse the success of activities and campaigns and provide actionable insights from the data available.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the company’s social media channels
- Organising the company’s busy events schedule including conferences, workshops and seminars
- Coordinating the design and print of sales and marketing materials
- Maintaining the company website and monitoring analytics
- Creating campaign workflows and one off email campaigns using the company marketing automation platform
- Setting up and coordinating webinars in accordance with the marketing plan
- Ensuring the Company message is visible and up to date across all marketing channels
For more details, please see the job description/person specification. Applications, which should include a covering letter detailing what appeals to you about the position and why you are interested, full educational details, employment history and the names of two referees, should be addressed to Petra Hales via firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 27th September.
Admin Assistant to the Database Team – Deposition Coordinator (1 year fixed-term contract)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised administrator to join our database team on a 1 year fixed-term basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the creation, maintenance and upgrading of the Cambridge Structural Database (CSD).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping scientists worldwide to deposit and access structures in the database
- Contributing to the searching of published journals for reports of crystal structures
- Facilitate the preparation of data for subsequent processing by Scientific Editors
- Matching up scientific publications with appropriate data and provide additional information as required.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, good communication and numerical skills. They must be an adaptable team player as well as being able to work independently, and be competent using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. An interest in science is an advantage but not essential. For further details, please see the full Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and covering letter to Petra Hales via email@example.com prior to the closing date of Friday 30th August. For further details, please contact 01223 336408.
The CCDC has, for many years, served the world’s communities of academic and industrial structural scientists by producing and supplying the authoritative, comprehensive crystallographic data resource – the Cambridge Structural Database (the CSD) – and associated molecular modelling applications, such as GOLD. The CCDC has established operations in the U.S. in order to provide a more local service to our users in the Americas.
Registered Charity No 800579
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
CCDC PhD Studentships
Thank you for your interest in the CCDC. We don't have any open PhD studentships at this time, however, please check this webpage regularly as it will be updated as opportunities arise.