The scientists and software developers at the CCDC create and supply the database system storing the world’s entire collection of the 3D structures of chemicals. This system is used by thousands of organisations in over 70 countries. We’re a professional organisation, established as a not-for-profit company and registered charity. Although independent, we are a University of Cambridge Partner Institute. We offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary in a lively and friendly organisation of around 70 staff worldwide. We welcome speculative applications at any time, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Science
We are looking to appoint a Head of Science. This is a key appointment for the CCDC. The appointee will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Materials Science and Discovery Science teams of the CCDC and other members of the Senior Leadership Management Team (SLMT) in order to provide management and direction for the science behind this growing not-for-profit and registered charity in the service of the scientific community and for public benefit.
The Head of Science will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, scientific vision and leadership in all aspects of the science for the organisation. Liaising with Senior Leadership and Management Team members the Head of Science will:
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Trustees to establish and agree on scientific policy
- Formulate, develop and implement the scientific strategic plan of the company
- Lead and manage the company’s scientific research and development work and to propose direction, as appropriate
- Manage the CCDC scientific team, and to foster a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with other teams and with CCDC database and software users and external collaborators
- Drive the scientific relationships with key partners
- Maintain the CCDC’s strong place in the Scientific research community worldwide.
For more details about the position, please see the job description/person specification.
Applications which should include a covering letter detailing what appeals to you about the position and why you are interested, full educational details, employment history and the names of two referees, should be addressed to Petra Hales via email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th May.
CCDC North America
The CCDC has for many years served the world’s communities of academic and industrial research chemists, by producing and supplying the authoritative, comprehensive crystallographic data resource – the Cambridge Structural Database (The CSD) – and associated molecular modeling applications, such as GOLD. The CCDC has now established operations on the Rutgers campus in New Jersey, to provide a more local service to our users in North America.
Registered Charity No 800579
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
CCDC PhD Studentships
Thank you for your interest in the CCDC. We don't have any open PhD studentships at this time, however, please check this webpage regularly as it will be updated as opportunities arise.