The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC) are world-leading experts in structural chemistry data, software and knowledge for materials and life sciences research and development.
- We specialise in the collation, preservation and application of scientific structural data for use in pharmaceutical discovery, materials development, research and education.
- We compile and distribute the Cambridge Structural Database (CSD), a certified trusted database of fully curated and enhanced organic and metal-organic structures, used by researchers across the globe.
- We inspire the next generation of scientists through our educational and outreach activities, and through our PhD sponsorships.
- We empower scientists of all backgrounds to achieve their research goals through our FAIRE access programme as part of our non-profit, charitable status.
We Shape the Future
- With software and data services that accelerate the discovery and development of new medicines and chemical products;
- By promoting collaboration across academia and industry to generate new discoveries in structural science;
- By inspiring a new generation of structural chemists globally through education and outreach.
To advance and promote the science of chemistry and crystallography in all its branches for the public benefit.
To shape the future of structural science by accelerating the discovery and development of new medicines and materials, by promoting translational research across academia and industry, and by inspiring new generations of structural chemists globally.
We serve global scientific communities for the public benefit.
We are enthusiastic about the services we provide and committed to the people we help.
We act and communicate honestly and transparently.
We are experts in our field, producing trusted resources for our community and customers.
We work together and engage with others to achieve our goals.
We push boundaries in all that we do and creatively advance understanding.
We are flexible and efficient without compromising quality.
We provide a quality service with a positive customer experience.
We believe in diversity and inclusion, and we work to create a culture of belonging, where everyone is welcome, valued and respected.
A Registered Charity and Non-Profit
The CCDC has charitable status as Registered Charity Number 800579 granted by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. This is in recognition of the scientific objectives of the organisation, and ensures that all income earned by the company is applied for the benefit of science.
A Partner Institute of the University of Cambridge
Our mission is to shape the future of structural science and, by promoting collaboration with the University of Cambridge, we believe we are inspiring a new generation of structural chemists.
As a University Partner Institution, we can formally host students to undertake specialist research with a CCDC scientist as a formal supervisor, in collaboration with an Academic supervisor from the University of Cambridge.
An Active Research Centre
The CCDC has built up considerable expertise in research fields that include Crystal Engineering, Drug Design, Molecular Structure Analysis and Knowledge Mining. Harnessing more than 50 years of experience and enquiry into chemical and crystal structure, we remain committed to advancing these fields by doing our own research and collaborating with leading researchers, in both academia and industry.
Work at CCDC
Our activities span scientific research, software development, finance, IT systems, sales, marketing and support. We need great people in every team to continue our mission to advance structural science. Explore our open roles including jobs in the UK, USA, and remote.
We Support the CommunityRead more
We are committed to the advancement of chemistry for public benefit, serving the global chemistry community by helping to address our customers’ structural, physical and chemical challenges through:
- High quality data
- Cutting edge software
- Specialist knowledge
- Scientific expertise
We offer a selection of products and services free of charge for the benefit of the scientific community.
Our services cover a wide range of crystallographic tools – from data collection, validation and visualisation to teaching, research and analysis.
Find out more about how we are involved in supporting the community here and at the links below.