Communicating your work with effective images is key when publishing or reporting your results.
In this session you will learn the basics of visualising structures using Mercury and of preparing publication-ready images, including some of our popular hints and tips.
- How to navigate the Mercury interface.
- The basic options to visualise small molecule crystal structures.
- How to visualise the packing of a structure effectively.
- How to create high-resolution publication-ready images of your structures.
- No previous experience needed.
- Mercury installed. You can complete this module with a licensed version of Mercury or the free version.
This module takes less than 2 hours to complete.
Ok - Let's begin!
Your CSDU Module
Playlist - 40 minutes.
This playlists introduces the module, explains what the CSD is, and demonstrates different examples of visualisation and rendering options in Mercury.
The slides are available here. If YouTube is not available in your country, you can contact us for alternative access to the videos.
Handout - 30 minutes.
Try it yourself! Follow the examples given to test out visualisation options, packing display, and images rendering.
Quiz - 10 minutes.
Test what you have learnt in this quick quiz to finish the module and receive a completion certificate.
You will need to score 10/10 to receive the completion certificate. Do not worry if you don't pass it at the first attempt: you can take this test multiple times!
It may take up to few hours to receive your certificate. If you do not receive it within a day, please contact us!
Well done on completing the module!
How was it? Leave your feedback here - it takes less than 5 minutes.
Ready for more?