We are pleased to confirm that the CSD Portfolio is now supported on macOS 11 Big Sur with the 2020.3.1 release.This release is a maintenance release for macOS only and is supported on the following platforms:
- macOS - Intel compatible or Apple ARM (via Rosetta 2 emulation)*, 64-bit:
- macOS 10.14, 10.15 and 11
Note: Apple ARM-based (M1) systems are supported with this release via emulation with Rosetta 2, but with the caveat that there are some issues with certain functionality as detailed below. We plan to improve support with subsequent releases.
To obtain this revised version, please download and use the full CSD or CrossMiner installers. Links for these can be obtained via https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/support-and-resources/csdsdownloads/
Known Issues with Apple Silicon (M1) chipsets
- Aromatics Analyser and POV-Ray image creation are not compatible with Apple ARM-chipsets running macOS 11 Big Sur
The Aromatics Analyser and POV-Ray functionality in Mercury are currently not compatible with Apple ARM chipsets running macOS 11 (Big Sur) and are not supported. All other functionality should work correctly with Apple ARM chipsets. We plan to improve support for these chipsets with subsequent releases.
- Starting programs on Apple ARM chipsets (M1) for the first time has a delay
When running on Apple Silicon via Rosetta 2 emulation, it is normal that the first time a program runs, it takes extra time to start, usually in the region of 15-60 seconds. This delay no longer occurs the second time you use the program.
Other Known Issues on both Intel and Apple Silicon-based macs:
- On macOS, ConQuest may occasionally not display interface elements correctly
On macOS, ConQuest may sometimes open an interface panel and not properly render all of its elements correctly. If this happens, closing and re-opening the element should resolve the issue.
- ConQuest is not compatible with dark mode in MacOS
ConQuest will not change its display in MacOS dark mode but will instead use the same display as found in standard display mode.