Updating an existing local licence server after renewing your licence
If you have an existing local licence server then when you renew your access to the CSD Portfolio software you will need to update the licence your local licence server is using. Your licence server key's expiry date will be extended automatically along with your node-locked licence key, but you will need to carry out the following steps to register the change.
- Stop the local licence server
- If the licence server key has changed, edit config.yml to include the new key
- Run the following command from the local licence server installation folder to activate the server with the new key, using your licence server key instead of the example used below:
CCDCFloatServer -a --license-key 123456-123456-123456-123456-123456-123456 -c config.yml -p ccdc.datLinux/macOS:
./CCDCFloatServer -a --license-key 123456-123456-123456-123456-123456-123456 -c config.yml -p ccdc.dat
- If you have an older version of the local licence server, the syntax of the commands will be different. Use
./CCDCFloatServer -hto view the command line options. You may also want to ask CCDC Support for a link to the latest version
- Start the local licence server
You should be able to confirm your licence expiry and features via the Help-About menu item in most CSD Portfolio applications.