ConQuest stopped working on Windows after I updated from 2023.1 to 2023.2
This is because a runtime library
msvcr90.dll was removed in the 2023.2 release, and the system version of this library does not work for everyone. If you still have a Windows machine with the 2023.1 release installed, copy this file from
CCDC\ccdc-software\conquest\exe on the 2023.1 machine to the same location on the 2023.2 machine.
Otherwise you will need to install the 2023.1 version of ConQuest in a separate folder to obtain a copy of this file.
- Download the Windows online installer from https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/support-and-resources/csdsdownloads/
- Click Settings on the first screen then click the Repositories tab
- Add a temporary repository with this URL:
Untick the default repositories and tick "Use temporary repositories only".
- Click OK to return to the main installer screen.
- Click Next. Specify a new installation folder and click Next again.
- Click Next until you see the Package Selection screen. Select Custom and click Next again.
- Expand the CSD Software Portfolio box and click ConQuest.
- Click Next, accept the licence, click Next again.
- Enter a new folder for the Start Menu shortcuts.
- Click Next until you reach the Ready to Install screen then click Install. Click Finish once ConQuest is installed.
Once you have copied msvcr90.dll from your 2023.1
ccdc-software\conquest\exe folder to your 2023.2 folder the 2023.1 installation can safely be removed.