You can now add an ORCID iD during deposition to the CCDC and this is stored on your record and associated with your deposits. In time you and users of the CSD will be able to use this iD to uniquely find your data and you will be able to automatically associate your structures with your ORCID record.
An ORCID iD is a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes individual researchers. The benefits of ORCID iDs are:
- To help you distinguish yourself from others
- To enhance the discoverability of your work
- To ensure you get the credit you deserve for your work
- To help you associate your work with your institutional records
- To help you comply to funder or institutional mandates
- To solve the name ambiguity problem in research and scholarly communications
More information on ORCID is available from the www.orcid.org website.
If you do not have an ORCID iD then you can create one by clicking the 'Create or Connect your ORCID iD' button and then registering for an account.