What is MINDFUL EMPLOYER?
Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative launched in 2004 run by the Devon Partnership NHS Trust. The initiative aim is to help organisations take a lead in supporting the mental well-being of staff through by enabling easy access to professional mental health training, information and advice.
At CCDC we are pleased to be recognised as a Mindful Employer. We acknowledge that in the UK people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental well-being of all staff.
As an employer, we have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
To find out more about Mindful Employer click here. If you'd like anymore information about CCDC as a Mindful Employer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.